Pamela Sitt May 3, 2010
An uncharacteristically somber Conan O’Brien made his first televised appearance in months Sunday on CBS’ 60 Minutes.
Though he’s alluded to the late-night debacle that ousted him from NBC and sent him on the road during his current live tour, the 60 Minutes interview was his first opportunity to legally address the issue head-on (thanks to his contract with NBC).
“[Jay Leno] went and took that show back and I think in a similar situation, if roles had been reversed … I wouldn’t have done that,” Conan said. “But that’s me, you know.”
In fact, Conan has said he didn’t accept his new TBS gig without first clearing it with TBS’ current late-night host, George Lopez. Though Lopez has publicly welcomed Conan with open arms, some reports say he is faking his enthusiasm about stepping aside for Conan.
Was the 60 Minutes interview a good PR move, or should Conan stick to being funny and move on already? See for yourself:
Categories: TVTags: Conan o'brien, Jay leno, The tonight show