Amanda Mae Meyncke August 24, 2011
- If you wanted to buy all five seasons of The Wire but feel like it’s always too expensive, well fret no more! It’s on sale right now for $72.49, which is ten dollars less than it was when I bought it last year. If you wait seven more years, it should be free.
- Jeremy Piven is in some kind of deal to produce a reality show about glass blowing. Like, the art form. This, along with the new show Whisker Wars, may be my new favorite shows ever, but definitely feel like a joke that originated on The Simpsons.
- Universal decided it was tired of spending money all the time and cancelled plans to make a movie based on the Ouija board game. Yeah, that’s not TV news, but it’s still kind of hilarious.
- NBC in trouble for not showcasing enough minorities. Only one new show out of six has a minority in a lead role. They’re allegedly working to correct this matter, but how can they get it so right on many shows such as The Office or Parks and Recreation, and so wrong the rest of the time?
- Turns out MTV simply couldn’t find a host for the VMAs. Let the anarchy begin!
- Online daters love 30 Rock, True Blood, Arrested Development and other television shows. People like TV, you guys! I never thought this day would come, when we would rise as a nation and tell others about our love for television. Makes an old lady proud.
Categories: TVTags: 30 rock, Arrested development, Jeremy piven, Nbc, Ouija, The wire, True blood, Universal, VMA