· There's some good here … but even more bad.
· "You're not actually that special..."
· "This watchable mess ultimately lacks a prime directive to call its own."
· Ben Wheatley's new film is a "challenging piece of work."
· At the end of part one of Claude Lanzmann’s “Shoah,” the director and quasi-star reads...
· "George Clooney seems to have embraced 'They don’t make 'em like this anymore' as his guiding principle."
· "Ford not only deserves his status in the canon but still has a great deal to teach contemporary filmmakers."
· Sometimes the Academy bets on the right horse, sometimes they don't. Here are their 10 worst misses.
· The conclusion of Laya Maheshwari's dispatches from 2014's Film Festival International Rotterdam.
· "Nebraska" and "Blue Ruin" were standouts as Laya continued his Rotterdam adventure.